What’s happening around the t20 world cup 2022?
Get ready for the t20 world cup this 2022
When is the t20 world cup held this year?
Wickets, bowls, and the bounces of a ball make many people get excited about cricket since this is one of the most beloved sports in commonwealth nations such as India, Australia, New Zealand, England, and others. Besides soccer, cricket is other sport that lets people get together and feel passionate to see the cricketers around over the world on a cricket field.
Furthermore, when talking about Cricket, West Indies is another significant team to talk about. West Indies is a multi-national men's cricket team which represents the main English-speaking countries and nations in the Caribbean region and administered by Cricket West Indies.
As you can see, those mentioned teams (Australia, India, West Indies, etcetera) promote cricket as a federate sport, investing money and resources to support cricketers. In addition, those teams always participate in one of the most important international cricket events: the t20 world cup.
According to several sources, “the ICC Men's T20 World Cup consists of 16 teams comprising the top ten teams from the rankings at the given deadline and six other teams selected through the t20 World Cup qualifier”.
The t20 world cup is often held every two years, but the 2020 edition was rescheduled to 2021 since the pandemic lockdowns. Even though, in October 2022 we will have a new edition of this major cricket competition. Check out which countries will take part of t20 World Cup this 2022.
Teams are getting ready for t20 world cup 2022
One of the teams that is getting ready for this t20 world cup is Australia. This team will start their tittle defense against New Zealand in the first Super 12 stage game, on October 22nd, 2022, ICC Men's T20 World Cup. In addition, Indian team will begin their campaign against arch-rivals Pakistan on October 23rd at Melbourne Cricket Ground, according to the cricket news.
Something so exciting about this t20 World Cup edition is the hosting place. Australia will host this edition of the event at the first time from October 16th to November 13th, 2022. This competition is going to be played across Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney.
The First Round will begin with the opening game which starts on October 16th, being played between champions Sri Lanka and Namibia: “They are part of Group A alongside two other qualifiers. Two-time champions West Indies are part of Group B along with Scotland and two qualifiers”, media news has reported.
Then, the Super 12 will start on October 22nd. Australia, New Zealand, England, Afghanistan and the champion of the Group A qualifiers and the runner-up in Group B is going to be part of Group one. On the other hand, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Bangladesh and the other two teams are included on the Group two.
Sydney Cricket Ground and Adelaide Oval will host the semi-finals matches from November 9th to 10th, respectively: “The MCG will host the T20 World Cup 2022 Final, which will be played on November 13th, 2022”, media news said.
Canadian team: What’s next on the t20 world cup
Canadian team is waiting for its place in the t20 world cup! This month, Navneet Dhaliwal will lead Canada at the t20 World Cup 2022 in Oman. According to media, the eight-team event is one of two final global qualifiers for the t20 world cup.
Make money with cricket betting
In fact, Canada takes park of the Group A with Nepal, Oman, and the Philippines. Moreover, the Group B will feature Bahrain, Germany, Ireland, and the United Arab Emirates. Currently, Ireland and Oman teams have qualified for the competition by virtue of being excluded in the first round of the t20 world cup.
In addition, other teams have advanced to final rounds to start qualifying for the t20 world cup. It is important to mention that each team will play the others in its group, followed by qualification games. The two finalists are going to classify for the World Cup 2022 in Australia this 2022.
According to media news: “The two finalists will qualify for the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia later this year. Canada has yet to qualify for the T20 World Cup. The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier B is scheduled for July 11 to 17 in Harare with Hong Kong, Jersey, the Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Uganda, the U.S. and host Zimbabwe taking part”.
Rummy: understand the rules and start having fun!
Conforming to media news, seventy teams have begun the qualification process for the tournament. Chris Tetley, ICC manager, have said this in a media release: “Seventy teams started the qualification process for this event, and we have now reached the final stages with four spots at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 set to be decided in two global qualifiers starting with this one in Oman".
What’s happening with England this t20 world cup 2022?
England has always performed great, especially if talking about England’s batting since it is not an issue for English cricketers. Even though, failings with the ball costed them once again, according to recent news:
“However, English team will still head to Australia this fall as one of the favorites for the World Cup but, just like in the UAE last year, their tournament hopes may well rest on how their bowlers fare at the end of innings”, media news has said. England team has the first place in the rank of this format.
On the other hand, one of the best cards of the team is Jofra Archer’s return, firing this summer and spending time training with England in Barbados after a doble surgery Archer had. Therefore, England is expecting his return for the t20s against India in July and getting one of the greatest death bowlers around over the t20 world cup.
Why are slots the most popular online casino games in India?
Moreover, Tymal Mills, who got poor series in the Caribbean, might be the first alternative to give out the burden of death bowling with Archer: “Reece Topley, another left-armer, Sam Curran and Mark Wood are also close to England’s best XI. Unfortunately, it appears Chris Jordan, a stalwart in this format for England over several years, might be ignored after a return of one wicket for 136 runs in the series just gone”, media reports have said.
Play Teen Patti during the Diwali festival in India!
In short, England gets six T20s this summer – three against India and three against South Africa – before a seven-match mega series in Pakistan before the World Cup, that means thirteen matches to fine-tune arrangements.
The best cricketers around over the world through history
You can agree with us that tournaments like t20 world cup makes people get more excited about cricket. According to a recent ranking, cricket is the second most popular sport worldwide after soccer and has as many as 2.5 billion estimated fans.
As mentioned before, the sport is mainly played in Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, New Zealand, and India. Although we cannot have the exact date when people started playing cricket, several reports suggested that it began in the southeastern counties of England in the 16th century, during the medieval period.
However, no victory on the t20 world cup or any other tournament will be possible without players who give their best on the field. Therefore, if you are wondering who the greatest cricketer of all time is, check out the following list of the best cricketers. It is important to mention that this list is based on the criteria of diverse media sources we have consulted. Now, check out who the greatest cricketers have been through history:
- ✦ Donald Bradman (Australia): According to a recent media ranking, Sir Donald Bradman holds the top position in the list of the ten best cricketers of all time. This ranking was based on several features, including players' runs, top score, batting average, bowling average and wickets. Conforming to media, “In Bradman's case, he holds this spot due to his Test average of 99.94. That is the highest so far, with Marnus Labuschagne being the closest with a Test average of 63.43”.
- ✦ WG Grace (England): WG Grace ranks the second tier on the list. Grace had played in the 19th century, and he was the third most outstanding person in the United Kingdom, including Queen Victoria and William Gladstone, the prime minister then. On the other hand, Grace had a batting average of 32.29. Besides that, he got a run score of 1,098 and a bowling average of 26.22.
- ✦ Sir Garfield Sobers (West Indies): On the third position of all times is Sir Garfield Sobers. Conforming to reports: “Sobers was a great batsman. In addition, he was also one of the quickest bowlers when it came to bowling and spinning. Moreover, according to his statistics, he had a total run score of 8,032, with an average of 57.78. In terms of landings, Sobers took 235 and took around 110 catches”, media reports says.
- ✦ Shane Warne (Australia): Shane Warne is on the fourth position. He played his first Test match in 1992. According to reports: “Warne started becoming popular in 1993 after playing a match at Old Trafford”. Warne had an estimate of 708 Test grounds during his career. In addition, many lovers of the game believe that he is one of the best bowlers in the history of cricket. Furthermore, Warne was named as one of the five Wisden cricketers in the century by the best cricket experts.
- ✦ Sir Viv Richards (West Indies): Sir Viv Richards is ranking the fifth place on the list of best cricketers around the world. This is due to his statistics, including 8,540 runs and a top score of 291. In fact, Sir Viv Richards had a batting average of 50.23 and grounds of 32.
- ✦ Sir Jack Hobbs (England): Sir Jack Hobbs is the sixth greatest cricketer of all time, according to the rankings. Of course, he gets great numbers, which include 5,410 runs and a batting average of 56.94. In addition, Hobbs, also known as Master, was the best hitter in the world prior to World War I.
- ✦ Brian Lara (West Indies): Lara is considered one of the greatest cricketers in history due to his stats, including holding the World Test and first-class records with innings of 400 not out, which he scored against England. According to experts, “He also gets the top score of 501 not out in first-class cricket. Moreover, experts believe that Lara is currently the best left-handed bowler of all time”.
- ✦ Malcolm Marshall: Seizing the eighth place in the list of top 10 cricketers of all time is Malcolm Marshall. According to reports, Malcolm was the fastest bowler in the West Indies in the 1980s. His record includes 376 Test wickets, 1,810 runs, 92 top scores and a batting average of 18.85.
- ✦ Sachin Tendulkar: Sachin Tendulkar is ranked ninth in the list of top 10 cricketers of all time. Of course, that is due to his career statistics, which earned him around 1.2 billion fans in India. Also, in terms of his records, Tendulkar was the only man who has scored 100 international centuries, which included 49 in one-dayers and 51 in Tests. In 2002, Wisden Cricketers Almanack ranked him as the second-best Test batsman in the history of cricket.
- ✦ Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka): According to media: “he is one of the best cricketers due to his career records, which include 1361 runs, 11.67 batting average and a top score of 67”. In addition, Muralitharan is currently the greatest international wicket taker of all time, with a total of 800 in Tests and 534 in one-day contests.
Everyone is expecting the t20 world cup this 2022 since this cricket event is one of the most televised tournaments you can watch on TV. However, there are some countries pending to qualify but classifying rounds are coming very soon.
On the other hand, Australia will host this t20 world cup, starting on October 22nd. Most cricket fans around over the world are waiting for this competition, one of the greatest competitions ever seen on the cricket fields worldwide!